Links

woensdag 1 augustus 2012

Band of the Week: An Cafe

An Cafe, a well-known name around the world. Their variable style of pop and rock and screaming and whatnot has earned them international fame and flame.

People say a band should choose a genre and stick to it, while others argue that the more genres a band can do, the better they are. The truth is, music is either liked or disliked, regardless of genre: the techniques, talent and quality has to be there.

That being said, of course there's a noticeable change in professionalism, style of singing and writing over the years. They've been around since 2003, that's almost 10 years now. In that time, they've had time to experiment and pulled the fans along for the ride. You can't have evolution without a few "oopsies", and thankfully the fans understood.

I personally have my doubts sometimes about whether or not a certain element of pop or rock should have been used in a particular song, but in the end it never bothers me enough to say I dislike the song as a whole.

I have to admit that after more than 2 hours of nothing but An Cafe, my head starts to hurt a bit. It's probably the drumms not being mixed in perfectly or something. So if I had to say something negative, this'll have to be it. Then again, concerts generally don't take 2 hours, so I reckon this is no biggie.

Some say An Cafe have lost it after Bou left, but let's face it: Bou wasn't all Antique Cafe was made of. When Bou left in 2007, a heavy debate broke up the fans into the group that hated the "new" An Cafe and those who missed Bou but embraced the new members just the same.
I still can't mention them on the street without people going "Omg An Cafe isn't the same without Bou!!", and I can't help but wonder why one should have to choose to be pro or contra Bou.

An Cafe is just An Cafe, and I'm going to see them live in November!

Official website: http://www.ancafe-web.com/










PS: New Single out soon!! (on August 8!)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten