Links

donderdag 12 juli 2012

Song of the Week: Miyavi's "Freedom Fighters"

"Freedom Fighters" by Miyavi

This is a song that's saved my life in more than one way. When I was 20, I got depressed and almost gave up on everything and everyone. Then out of nowhere I rediscovered Miyavi and this song stood out to me like a beacon.

To this day I'm still in love with it, though Miyavi himself has changed through life and his style has changed and he's started a family and all that. To me, this song is the Miyavi I fell in love with as an artist.

Also, of course, we need to understand the concept "Freedom". It's not about anarchy or rebelling against everything. It's about knowing what you want and to stand by it with all you've got. Knowing what you want is a very difficult thing, if you think about it. What *do* we really want? What everyone wants: happiness.

People think they need freedom in order to be happy, but actually.. if you start by being happy, you're free to do whatever you want, simply because you can!
Miyavi is the posterboy for this, and this song is the anthem.

Life rocks, if you know where to look and listen.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten